I have been babysitting a friend's baby, I wrote about here in another post. The friend who is trying to get out of a bad relationship, Her son is sweet, fairly easy to please and I must say I love babies so it's been fun. He's 10 months old and he started walking at our house last week! Kind of exciting, he even walked to his Mom when she came home from work. She cried :) I forgot how much work a baby is. Weird, I swore I'd never forget some of those moments but as time has gone by I have.
Lorne has been so gracious to her. He has given her a job so she can have money to save up to move out with her baby on her own. I so appreciate that he's done that for her. God has a way of working things out as he was starting to get busy and needed another employee. It was a risk for him as she had never done this line of work before but it has turned out really well.
The boys have now finished skating and their carnival is done as well. They both have improved and learned so much this year. I'm so proud of them. I always seem to get emotional watching them in the carnival as it always reminds me of how much they have grown and changed in these last 4-6 years. Kale was Harry potter this year for the carnival and Jaden was a pirate. Kale had no clue who Harry potter was but he was excited to be all dressed up. Lorne came up with the idea to make this black glasses out of pipe cleaners and it worked out very well. We even had other parents ask if we could make them some for their kids. Funny! Jaden tried wearing a eye patch but couldn't see well enough with one eye so well ended up taking it off. Sure was funny watching him skate with only one eye. The videos wouldn't load but they are great and they melt me heart.
Oh and last but not least we have had some wicked last days of winter spent sledding and building snow piles to go down. these photos are from a huge snow pile at school. I good day indeed made better by a large cup of hot chocolate when we got home.

3 comments:
Love the carnival costumes! Great job! Sounds like a lot of fun for all four of you.
It was a pleasure hearing a baby's voice over the phone :) So glad you and Lorne can be there for your friend and her baby. And cool for you too to have a baby in the house again.
great photos!
Thanks Lo<3
I so enjoy reading your blog.
It's a great way to let us i nto your daily/weekly/monthly lives!
Can't believe how much those boys have grown more confident and sure of themselves. You and Lorne are doing a good job with them.
Love you all. Elvis not so much, but my sister Jose likes him...just sayin'.
I have to laugh at the backdrop picture to your blog site! Nice beans, Been!
Post a Comment