Monday, March 29, 2010

My first Easter bread

Ok, so I'm most of you out there have made Easter bread/Paska many times but me well this was my first. It's one of my favorite memories growing up when thinking about Easter. Auntie Honey made it for us for Easter and it quickly became a tradition. I miss her Easter bread, I miss her. I hope to keep this tradition with our kids as a an honor to Auntie Honey in hopes that one day, this will be something they remember and smile about as I do. Auntie Honey thank you for your easter bread, kind heart and giving spirit.

I didn't have coffee tins like she uses so bread pans will do;0)

4 comments:

Raz said...

Looks SOOO tasty!! Funny, as that is also one of my biggest childhood holiday memories. I love Auntie Honey!!

janina friesen said...

It is soo tasty! Lorne got one loaf and I have the other one. Yummy!

Melissa said...

I LOVE how these types of memories, that are all tied up in our senses (like smell and taste) and the moment you experience one of those things, you are transported back! I am baking my way through Grandmas recipe box and having the same experience! SO COOL!

Can't wait to see you SOOOOOOON!
m

Harry Tournemille said...

You better be truckin' some of that stuff to GF.