Sunday, May 23, 2010

Auntie Audrey

Thanks JJ for the photo I stole from your FB page<3
This last Thursday my Auntie Audrey passed away. This post is just some memories of her that have been floating around in my head. Others feel free to add your memories as well.
The one thing that comes to my mind when I think of her makes me laugh. I always thought she was independent and funny. I loved how she despised bras and how we would chuckle when we saw how uncomfortable our Mom felt about it. Made me laugh every time. I always thought she looked so much like Oma. Every time I had seen her since Oma died it reminded me of her, which of course is a compliment;0) I remember that her birthday was the same as Raz's and how important that was to her. I always looked forward to going to her home as she always had pop for us. Oh remember her glass wall??? Wicked.
 So Auntie Audrey, I raise my glass to you and burn my bras as I remember your smile and allow my mind to be flooded with images with you from the past. Till we meet again....

3 comments:

Raz said...

I love this, Been.
I had forgotten about the glass wall and no bras- he hee!! So true!

Harry Tournemille said...

Funny and sweet post, Janina.

Anonymous said...

That was a very "fitting" toast to a very special sounding aunt. (Made me laugh too.)
Love you Been.