Tuesday, November 16, 2010

All ready for Christmas

Ok, so it's no surprise that I love winter and Christmas. So, of course we are raising the boys right by starting the first winter day in Lomond by putting up our tree. How completely exciting! It looks perfect. My favorite is watching them turn this geometrical tree into their master piece. I love that almost all the branches they can reach are loaded with as many ornaments as possible, I love the looks on their faces as they create and turn this tree into something perfect, I love their excitement...

The day started off cold with a blizzard that caused a power outage but that lead to a game of family monopoly and playing in the fresh, new snow, hot chocolate, sledding, snow day off of school. I hope tomorrow holds more fun in the snow with maybe no power outages:0) It is snowing right now as I write this. HEAVEN!! What a wonderful time of year. *sigh*

5 comments:

Raz said...

YAY!!! There are pictures!!!!

LOVE their pajamas! SO festive!!!

I remember Charlie at that age doing the same thing. I was watching him put the decorations on the tree tonight and was thinking this same thought.

Time passes so slow at times, and then others, it races.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect way to spend time during a power outage and snow day! Great photos!
Ethan loves decorating the tree too. But this year he asked if we could put some up higher so Micah wouldn't pull them all off :) Micah's done quite well actually; he mostly likes to spin the decoratoins. Kids make Christmas so fun!!

janina friesen said...

Raz,Funny you say that, I was telling the kids the same thing the other day about Charlie and decorating. *sigh*

Lo, the older kids know their younger brothers so well eh? lol It really is so much more fun with kids to add to the festive cheer!

Harry Tournemille said...

Them's some nice pj's on the lads.

janina friesen said...

I know, right Larry!<3