Friday, November 5, 2010

New garage photos, a thoughtful gift and random thoughts

Finished garage photos!!! I love it.
A thoughtful gift.......
My Dad has been working on a blanket for Kale for some time now. I did not tell Kale about it as i wanted to see the expression on his face when he opened the box as a surprise. He loves surprises:0)  The package arrived yesterday and we waited for Lorne to come home from work so we all could see what was inside the special box! Kale's face...priceless! I love his expressions, I love that he can appreciate a gift not for what it is but for the love that is behind it. He is pleased as punch to have a homemade blanket from Grandpa T. The blanket was used to wrap both boys up right away and Kale of course, slept with it last night and then brought it out of his room onto the couch this morning to watch TV. Precious. Jaden received books and a puzzle so didn't feel left out and of course we had to read 2 of those books last night and do the puzzle this morning. Jaden is aware that Grandpa is now making him one and it will be done in a few months. To Jaden a few months didn't really seem to register as I walked into his room last night and found that he had taken all his blankets off his bed to make room for the one he was about to get any minute now from Grandpa. I laughed so hard! Any way, I love that both our kids will have something hand made from my Dad, something that they will remember for many years to come. So thanks Dad for that. Thanks for your thoughtfulness.
No off to enjoy this beautiful weather and pray that some snow hits the ground soon. Oh I so can't wait for snow....

5 comments:

Raz said...

Totally brought tears to my eyes. I SO love that Dad made this for Kale! I love that story about J too!

Tears!

janina friesen said...

I know eh! I love it too<3

Anonymous said...

Your boys are precious. What a special gift from grandpa. Made me laugh about Jaden getting his bed ready for his blanket already - so cute!!
And hey, is that a new couch I see?? yay!!
Love you. Please hug those boys for me - xo

Anonymous said...

Oh, and the garage looks awesome!!!

janina friesen said...

Lo, yep, kijiji of course! Hugs i will for sure give. Lorne will be happy to see the comments about the garage:0)